Electrolux Kitchen Design Competition
The Electrolux Kitchen Design Competition is arranged by AB Electrolux (publ) (“Electrolux”) with the aim of selecting the best kitchen design solutions offered by professional kitchen designers within the category “Built/installed kitchen” as more specifically described in the brief on the competition website (“Competition”).
The rules for the Competition (“Rules”) are set out below. Please read the Rules so that you, as a participant, feel confident when entering the Competition.
The Rules are published on the competition website: https://kitchendesign.electrolux.com. (“Website”). The Rules are designed to ensure that the Competition can be conducted in a fair and equal way.
The participant accepts the Rules by submitting its contribution to the Competition. If you are acting on behalf of a legal entity you represent, that you are authorized to act on behalf of such legal entity and that your acceptance of the Rules creates a legally enforceable obligation of the legal entity. As used herein, participant refers to you and, where applicable, any legal entity on behalf of which you are acting.
PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING A CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMPETITION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE RULES, YOU MUST NOT SUBMIT A CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMPETITION IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER.
- Allowed participants
- Participation in the Competition is open to professional kitchen designers based in the EU or EEA that have used Electrolux Intuit range appliances in their entry who are:
- Legal entities: businesses in any company form whose ownership is held by one or more legal entities or natural persons who are all over 18 years old.
- If selected as a winner, the participant will be asked to verify its designer credentials.
- Awards & acknowledgments
- Electrolux aims to select three winners (first, second and third place). The prizes are accounted for below and are together referred to as the “Award”.
- First prize consists of the following: The winner receives one Electrolux Intuit appliance included in the contribution which Electrolux will choose at its own discretion. The winner further receives a trip, booked by Electrolux, that will take place before 31 December 2020 to Stockholm for two persons including a dinner at a partner restaurant and two night’s accommodation at a hotel selected and booked by Electrolux. The dates for the trip will be decided later.
- Second prize consists of the following: The runner up receives one of the Electrolux Intuit appliances included in the contribution which Electrolux will choose at its own discretion. The runner up also gets to participate in an Electrolux culinary academy workshop in participant’s country or cooking session with a local chef depending upon availability. The date for the culinary academy workshop or cooking session will be decided later.
- Third prize consists of the following: The participant receiving the third prize gets to participate in an Electrolux culinary academy workshop in participant’s country or cooking session with a local chef depending upon availability. The date for the culinary academy workshop or cooking session will be decided later.
- Additional information about the Award, including any conditions connected to any of the prizes, such as, for example, conditions related to travel arrangements, can be found on the Website.
- There is no cash prize component of the Award. Each winner will be liable for payment of any taxes imposed on the winner due to the Award.
- Please note that even if a legal entity is selected as a winner, the Award can only be used by one natural person.
- Electrolux reserves the right to amend, change or otherwise modify any part of the Award subject to availability and upon the sole discretion of Electrolux. For the avoidance of doubt, any amendments, changes or modifications of the Award shall correspond to the value of the original Award as set out in these Rules.
- The jury
- The jury deciding the winner is selected by Electrolux and composed ofexperts and industry leaders within the fields of design (the”Jury”). The Jury will decide in its sole discretion which participants will be appointed as winners taking into account the Evaluation Criteria set out in Chapter 5 below. The Jury’s decision is final and cannot be appealed. Neither the Jury, nor Electrolux have any obligation to explain why a participant is not appointed as winner.
- The registration opens on 1st September 2019 and the deadline for submitting a contribution is 30 January 2020. Registration is free. Registration is made through the Website.
- Participants are allowed to submit more than one contribution to the Competition.
- When register, the participant will be asked to fill in an online application and provide the following information in addition to the participant’s contribution to the Competition:
- Company name;
- Company e-mail
- Company website
- Participant needs to upload supporting documentation to give a better understanding of the participant’s contribution, especially images, but also any other documents that the participant deems as relevant, such as design sketches and explanatory notes.
- The information and documents submitted to the Competition shall not, and by agreeing to these Rules and submitting a contribution to the Competition the participant confirms that the information and documents submitted do not, contain any confidential information.
- Evaluation criteria
- The Jury will not consider contributions that
- are submitted by participants who do not fulfill the requirements of article 1.1;
- do not fulfill the requirements of chapter 4;
- do not contain an Electrolux Inuit kitchen appliance.
- are accompanied by insufficient and/or inadequate documentation requirements of Article 4.4 (total or partial lack, lack of clarity and/or non-legibility of the minimum essential material required to participate in the Competition); or
- have as their object an “out of scope” proposal (contributions not in line with the objective of the Competition).
- The Jury will evaluate the contributions according to creativity and design, especially the ability to help users enjoy an intuitive kitchen experience taking into account.
- if the contribution includes Electrolux Intuit appliances that allow the consumer to get the most out of their kitchen experience;
- if the contribution is a blend of innovation, form and function;
- if the contribution has been based on consumer insight;
- if the contribution is aesthetically pleasing; and
- having Electrolux design values in mind, if the contribution is considering the environment and is meaningful and relevant, whilst providing intuitive ease of use.
- Warranties and indemnities
- Each participant declares and warrants that its contribution:
- is an original work, of which the participant is the owner of any relating intellectual property rights and of which the participant has the unrestricted right to economic exploitation;
- does not infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party such as trademark, design rights and/or copyright;
- does not violate any industrial and trade secrets of any third party or any other laws (including, without limitation, export control laws);
- does not constitute the object of a contract with any third party;
- does not contain any defamatory content, representation, outrageous consideration or any other content that could damage the name, honor or reputation of Electrolux or any other person or company;
- does not contain any pornographic or sexual content, or content of a discriminatory nature in any way (specifically including discrimination based on race, sex, sexual orientation, religion and/or political beliefs of individuals or groups), nor content that promotes violence or injury to any living thing or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content;
- does not contain any threat or content intended to intimidate, harass, or mistreat a private person’s private life; and
- does not constitute a violation of applicable laws and does not include content that encourages unlawful conduct.
- The participant further hereby warrants that the information in the CAD-files downloaded by the participant in order to produce and submit the contribution, will not be used in any other way whatsoever than producing and submitting its contribution to this Competition. Notwithstanding the above, the participant may also use the above-mentioned CAD-files for the sole purpose of designing kitchens for consumers.
- The participant also hereby warrants that all information, data and, more generally, any other material submitted to the Competition are accurate, correct, truthful and complete. The participants therefore assume full and exclusive responsibility for any violation of the aforementioned warranties.
- The participant hereby undertakes to indemnify and hold harmless, Electrolux and any of its respective affiliates, employees, agents and suppliers from any claims, actions, liabilities and settlements arising in connection with the violation by a participant of any of the provisions of the previous Articles 6.1 – 6.3.
- Intellectual property rights
- By submitting the contribution, the participant grants Electrolux the non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free right to:
- use its name, company name the submitted contribution and any images/photographs contained therein (“Licensed Material”), for promotional and advertising purposes by, inter alia, publishing any part of the Licensed Material and related materials on any internet site and social media related to Electrolux, or on internet sites or social mediaof third parties authorized by Electrolux; or
- alter, edit, modify, change, re-format, excerpt, translate or summarize the Licensed Material for the purpose set out in paragraph 7.1 i above.
- The participant acknowledges that Electrolux shall not be put in a less favourable position than if the contribution had never been presented to Electrolux. The extensive design and development work carried out by Electrolux could touch upon the same or similar ideas to those that are submitted as part of a contribution. Therefore, the participant acknowledges that the know-how and intellectual property, which is already within the Electrolux group of companies when the contribution was submitted or, which at a later stage and independently from the contribution will be developed by Electrolux or, which Electrolux otherwise benefits from, independent of the contribution, can be used without restrictions and that such use will not infringe the participant’s intellectual property rights.
- General conditions
- Electrolux reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend including not selecting any winners, in whole or in part and at any time, the Competition, as well as any content, aspect, evaluation or selective criteria at its sole discretion.
- Electrolux reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant who:
- attempts to tamper with the registration process or the operation of the Competition;
- acts in violation of these Rules; or
- behaves inappropriately, unsportsmanlike manner and contrary to the interest of a peaceful and smooth running of the Competition.
- Electrolux shall never be liable to any participant for any damages, including but not limited to special, consequential, incidental, direct or indirect damages, including without limitation lost profits, lost data, lost revenues and loss of business opportunity, whether or not Electrolux was aware or should have been aware of the possibility of these damages.
- Under no circumstances shall the presentation of the contribution, the selection and award of the Competition be understood or be interpreted as an offer or employment contract with Electrolux.
- The participants are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any costs in relation to this Competition or the Award.
- Personal data and Marketing Communications
- By submitting a contribution to the Competition, and thereby accepting these Rules, the participant consent to receiving marketing communications from Electrolux concerning its products or services.
- The obligations contained in the Rules will become effective upon submission of the contribution to the Competition and will remain in force until the end of the Competition. The articles which by their nature would continue beyond the expiration of these Rules, including but not limited to the articles regarding Warranties and indemnities as well as Intellectual Property Rights, shall survive any expiration of these Rules.
- Dispute resolution
- The Competition and these Rules shall be governed and construed in all respects in accordance with the substantive laws of Sweden without regard to its principles governing conflicts of laws.
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these Rules, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, shall be finally settled by arbitration in accordance with the Rules for Expedited Arbitrations of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce. The seat of arbitration shall be Stockholm, Sweden. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English.